View Single Post
Old 05-19-2022, 01:12 AM
J0hn H@rper

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1911 View Post
EDIT: You said "Hoarding anything in a marketplace at the expense of everyone else is a dick move." - that isn't exactly in line with your new position that doing it with intent to profit is terrible. It quite specifically specifies that any hoarding of anything for any reason is being a dick.
I realized that as well. But I did not take a "new position"; I just didn't clarify my original one enough at first. In that initial post, my mind was only on hoarding with intent to drive prices up (as my instinct was that those who just collect tons of the same card weren't apt to have a Bartiromo effect on the marketplace). I could be wrong about that though.

You could be right about Bartiromo, but you're wrong about the Smith guy. He owns hundreds of that card and his intent was clear. Again, just because he failed (or others failed) to cash in has nothing to do with my point about such an attempt's effect on the marketplace regardless. And the only reason Smith is easily available for a somewhat reasonable price now is because that hoarding attempt just ended. It wasn't like that prior in the last year or two; the dude would proudly state now and then that the cheapest one on ebay was $35 or $40 because of his actions.

Have a good night.