View Single Post
Old 05-04-2022, 09:17 PM
Bob C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabe View Post
This is kind of irrelevant in a discussion of CSG and PWCC but, yes, people should be saying that about the other TPGs as well.

This, of course, is nonsense.

There is a difference between a cleaning company, who is likely unaware of the criminal activities of PWCC and a grading company who is absolutely aware of them.

See above.

You're being silly, as I'm sure you know. There is quite obviously a difference between working for PWCC not knowing their activities and working with them when you're fully aware of them AND you're assisting in those activities by grading cards.

Your judgment is suspect.

Also, thanks

It's a little disingenuous to complain about "juvenile trolls" and sarcastic replies when you yourself post obviously non-serious replies about cleaning people being criminals.

CSG could have implemented the flat rate grading outside of a relationship with PWCC. This certainly seems like a positive step for the grading industry. While I certainly understand why companies haven't done it before (besides the obvious increased revenue, there are greater risks and possible costs associated with grading more expensive cards), the inherent conflict of interest has always bothered me. But correcting that conflict didn't necessitate getting into business with PWCC. And getting into business with PWCC kinda offsets any positive things that CSG might be doing.
Chris,

I'm just responding to what others have said on here, who were quite emphatic about ANYONE working for or with someone who is a known criminal (to their thinking) also being guilty for associating and enabling the criminals to do and get away with what they do. One idea posed was regarding a plumber fixing toilets. So, when I post something intentionally idiotic in response about a criminal's bank or their cleaning company also being guilty by association then, it is not being juvenile, just expanding on a similar type of example they made, to draw out the original parties saying everyone's guilty and hopefully make them realize they over spoke and were probably wrong in what they originally said. And based on past experience, many parties usually don't directly respond so they have to admit their error or ignorance of the facts or situation, or they try to respond in some way to blow it off or twist your words so they can get out of it.

And then as a result, invariably a different group will see something you posted in response to drawing out one party, and take you to task about what you're asking that was really directed at someone else. For example, instead of saying something about or to me for asking about a criminal's bank or cleaning company, why isn't that other party instead going back to the original party accusing a plumber of now being guilty, and more appropriately saying something to/about them? I was merely calling the originally poster out for saying the plumber is guilty, to see if in fact they will admit they may not always be right given differing facts and circumstances. But as I already said, invariably they usually don't seem to directly respond, or deflect you in some way to not ever admit they could have been wrong. Nor willingly admit they may just be drawing the line in different places at differing times so as to always support their own pre-conceived notions and narrative, and rarely it seems be opened-minded enough to listen to new information, evidence, and points of view.

And then of course, when I type a long response out to try and fully address all the points and questions directed at me, and to be as clear and thorough in such responses as possible so my words can't be twisted and used against me, an entirely different group jumps in to comment about my long posts.

It doesn't seem to matter what one says on here, there invariably seems to be some group that will jump in and criticize you regardless of what you say. And in trying to respond and defend yourself from one group, don't be surprised if you then get trolled for an entirely different set of reasons by others.

As for the "juvenile trolls" comment, Chris please tell me what you're supposed to say and do then when you specifically post and more or less ask for others to refrain from making more sarcastic and joking comments so the thread can hopefully go in a serious and civil direction. And then the very next post is some supposed adult doing just what you'd asked them to not do. The total lack of understanding and civility, and disrespect directed towards a fellow board member in such a situation is uncalled for. And don't just say ignore them, because by not at least calling them out for what they've done, you let them think what they are doing is acceptable and proper, and they continue doing it with everyone else as well. I'm all for sarcasm and jokes as much as the next person, in the right context, situation, and place. And none those are right after you've been asked not to make such remarks and comments. That smacks of very sophomoric and juvenile thinking and actions to me. And even more so juvenile is that when you do call such a party out for it, their defense is something like, so what, I only did it once. And then they turn around and call you juvenile for having the gall to point out to them what they did. Wow!

And I still think you are a great guy and asset to the forum.

Last edited by BobC; 05-04-2022 at 09:22 PM.