View Single Post
Old 09-23-2016, 04:36 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by btcarfagno View Post
A female nose tackle is the last thing I would want to see!!

I played baseball through college (Big East)...this was through the early 1990's, so we are talking 25 years ago. I played with and against guys who excelled at that level, and several who played professionally, and a few who made the big leagues, and one who is in the Hall of Fame. From what I have seen in terms of athleticism and quickness, I am certain there are some softball players who, if they were to have played baseball since they were a child, would be good enough to have played at the division one college baseball level back then. At a minimum. Again, grain of salt as it has been a long time and players are very likely bigger, stronger and faster than they were back then. But I have seen some incredible stuff from some freakishly athletic females. The pitching they face is the equivilent of a 100+ MPH fastball. The game of softball is much faster than baseball due to the small field. The quickness on display is amazing.

I do not think that you could take someone who has played softball all her life and throw her onto a baseball field. That would be completely unfair. But if one of the top, most athletic softball players had instead grown up playing baseball, I have little doubt that there would be females in the minor leagues.

Tom C
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcRvg8XGSjE

I'm all for it. See no reason, if they are good enough, to not let them play.

My son finished playing 4 on 4 hockey this past June (A Champs btw!) and on one of the teams he played, had 2 girls on it.
Imo, this was an extension of Rep hockey, only without contact, but both these girls (one was slightly better than the other) knew how to, and could play hockey!!

We were told, the better one was awarded a U.S. Scholarship this coming year.

Do I ever think girls/women will be in the NHL? Not likely, due to the physical nature of it, but Hockey is also softening up somewhat (crack down on fighting/dirty hits/headshots, etc) so you never know?