View Single Post
Old 09-23-2016, 03:11 PM
T0m C@rf@gn0

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
Why no position players? There are plenty of women faster than the average player and you don't need to hit home runs to make it in the big leagues.
And at the top levels they face softballs being thrown at 70+ MPH from 46 feet away. That is the equivilent of a mid 90's fastball. Plus the movement on the pitches is crazy.

Having caught softballs thrown to me by low level division one softball players (read: Northeast...not California), I can tell you that these girls could throw a baseball just fine from the infield or the outfield.

I have zero doubt that an incredibly gifted, athletic female who comes up and plays baseball right from the start instead of softball....she would have a shot to play in the minor leagues. I have no doubt at all. Unfortunately there are very few opportunities for girls to continue playing baseball past little league. Their parents are smart to follow the money. The money will lead a very good female baseball player against boys to be an exceptional softball player against girls...much better chance at a college scholorship that route.

Tom C

Last edited by btcarfagno; 09-23-2016 at 03:12 PM.