View Single Post
Old 12-08-2022, 03:52 PM
James M.

The thing that bothers me the most about this whole PPP business (and to echo what was said by a previous poster), is the fact that many were using the money for nefarious means. I have zero issues with the businesses that used the money as intended, to keep their small businesses afloat, but using it to buy cards or luxury items should have come with repercussions.

The free money given out by the government was an issue as well. Too many people qualified for the stimulus checks. For frame of reference both of my parents received checks. They're both retired and did more than well enough in their careers to not need this money. Hell I received a stimulus check and I have a decently paying career.

Worst of all is many of the vintage cards whose value was bumped up by the pandemic, and will never come down. To preface what I'm about to say, I'm very happy for everyone, that their collection grew in monetary value, I hold nothing against you. When collecting on a budget, you save a little bit of money to the side for your purchases. A 1952 Mantle in an Authentic or 1 went from a "somewhat realistic possibility in a few years with saving" to "Not a shot in hell until I retire" because the card almost tripled in value. Thankfully, collecting is a journey, but damn can it be disheartening at times.

charlietheexterminator, todeen, tonyo, Santo10fan
Bocabirdman (5x), 8thEastVB, JCMTiger, Rjackson44
Republicaninmass, 73toppsmann, quinnsryche (2x),
Donscards.