View Single Post
Old 06-18-2022, 10:43 AM

note: I find and use sleeves with a glove-like fit, so if that isn't the look or goal for someone, then my suggestions may not be best

The tallboys are easy to me, since there are card hobby suppliers out there with ready-made products for them. The brand I use is superiorfitsleeves.com (prev "perfect fit") because they fit tightly and most awesomely have a tapered flap that prevents the bunching up effect of more mediocre sleeve brands. The website is a little hard to use since the filters do not work well, so there always seem to be extraneous items on each page that look alike and can get confusing. But the PSA Tallboys are what he calls 403 or 403b (I think the difference is just pack of 25 v pack of 50).

Also, the guy is open to new product suggestions. For instance when I was struggling a while ago to find good coin-sized sleeves I pointed out the need and indicated examples, and within a few months the new product launched on the site.

For the PSA T3's, I also discovered the ClearBags site the other reply mentioned. The best size I found for these is "Comic1PC" (6 15/16" x 10 3/16"). These of course don't have the tapered flap, but I'll tuck in the overage a little to create a similar effect. (neat thing about this site is that you can request samples of various sizes that you think might work for your purpose, until you settle on the best match).

Though in pursuing the SuperiorFit site for this post I notice what looks like might now be a T3 size sleeve, which he calls 405 and describes as for 'cards 5"x7",' which is about the size of cards that get placed into T3's. I'll email to ask what the dimension of the intended slab is, rather than the card, since PSA can put any sized card into a T3 that will fit, doesn't have to be 5x7. If it's a T3, I'll suggest he would benefit in added that phrasing to the site, similar to how he did start describing the Tallboys as tallboys after I mentioned it. Though I haven't used that 405 product, if they are in fact T3 size then you can't go wrong with any of his stuff (unless you get confused on the site and order the wrong thing...)