View Single Post
Old 12-08-2021, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric72 View Post
I'm not picking on you or singling you out. However, our brief exchange reminded me of something. Pardon me for "thinking out loud" here.

With the recent influx of younger collectors into the hobby, it won't be long until there are large numbers of twenty-somethings with experience and expertise in vintage. Modern (and "ultra-modern") cards tend to be a gateway into older material. It stands to reason the boom of 2020 will lead to a significant increase in the amount of hobbyists who venture over to our side of the sandbox. If even a small fraction of these newcomers are in it for the long haul, it likely leads to at least two things:
  1. A new generation of vintage collectors, which could theoretically keep the hobby going for decades
  2. A new generation of experts on the horizon

Of course, this doesn't help SGC with T206 (or other vintage) cards right now. However, it does give me confidence in the long-term health of the vintage card market.

Totally agree with this. This is what got me to jump the fence from modern to vintage. Started at 12 — and still here!
Schlei (Catching) Back run: 10/12 (minus blank back)

Actively collecting t206 Hall of Famers, Southern Leaguers, and Various backs in good to excellent condition. Love talking cards too.