View Single Post
Old 05-22-2015, 04:38 AM
David Sims

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcc6252 View Post
For better or worse, here's the reply from the seller when I requested a refund:

"I don't accept returns. The photos of the card accurately portrayed a raw card. I never said I would accept responsibility for the card being graded by PSA. I'm sorry they didn't grade it but that's not my responsibility. PSA is unpredictable. I've had he same experience as you with raw cards. That's the gamble of buying raw cards. Sorry"

I have decided not to further pursue a refund for various reasons. Instead, I have submitted it to SGC to see what they do. I checked the box that says "Check here if you would like SGC to encapsulate any trimmed or color-enhanced card(that is authentic) with the "A" designation". I assume if they don't feel it is trimmed, they will assign a numerical grade. Anyone, please correct me if I am wrong.

I have used PSA many times, but this is my first sub with SGC, so, Bobby, thanks for your suggestion to use that option.

I will post the result when the card is returned from SGC.
For future reference if bought on Ebay you can return any item within 45 days even if it says no returns under Ebay buyer protection policy. You have to open a case through Ebay with the item not as described and just let them know you had it looked at pofessionally and you were told it was altered. It's like him telling you if it came back as fake that it is your issue .

David