View Single Post
Old 10-07-2022, 01:12 PM

I think baseball will hit the wall at some point.

There are so many things that baseball players and the culture of baseball do, that really are not necessary.

I always thought it would fall apart, but it was an opportunity to revive in a newer way that can last into the future.

Some thoughts I had after playing baseball in college and not really watching too often are:

1. Make all stadiums have retractable domes
2. Standardize the work week 5 games a week (all teams play on the same days) same amount of games in a month, etc... (this makes new records too)
3. Make fantasy sports friendly (the above will help it)
4. This one I am debating --- make a speed clock that if the teams are tied after 9 innings, the "faster" team wins
5. Let the teams use technology for signs (pitches, stealing, etc.) like a Bluetooth ear piece so there isn't all this looking at the 3rd base coach or stealing of signs
6. Shorten the season but allow ALL THE TEAMS INTO A GIANT PLAYOFF -- make the division winners get multiple byes, and much harder for the last team to get in, but all those games in August of 4place teams vs. 5th place teams mean nothing...

idk.....but me, personally, all the stats mean nothing --- lets have fun and make a new beginning......

*also that makes the historical greats more mythical