View Single Post
Old 10-04-2022, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric72 View Post
The quote below is from a post I made in April. My passion for the game of baseball is as strong as ever. My beloved Phillies just clinched their first playoff berth since 2011. They went into the game with a Magic Number of 1 and took care of business. They got a home run on the very first pitch of the game. As it turned out, that was all they would need, as they shut out the Astros, 3-0.

Can the Phillies win the World Series? Perhaps not; however, baseball is often all about the thrill of possibility. They're in the playoffs. Starting Friday, a championship will be a mere thirteen wins away. It's October and anything is possible.

Man, I love this game.

My 2022 Baltimore Orioles also pulled off a miracle of sorts. They became the first team since 1900 to lose 110+ games the previous season then to have a winning season the next and were actually in playoff contention until last week. With a young core of talent, the #2 farm system in baseball and only $20 million committed to payroll next year, the future is so so so bright in Charm City!

Last edited by Orioles1954; 10-04-2022 at 05:33 AM.