View Single Post
Old 11-18-2020, 07:08 AM
T@yl0r $ch0ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bocabirdman View Post
Regularly but not often, I have a USPS package marked "Out for Delivery" at the start of the day. The day comes and goes. The mail is delivered ad no package is there. A check of the Tracking # says "Held at the Post Office per Customer's Request"..... WTF?...... Needless to say, no such request was made. The package arrives the next day........with no input from me.
Mike,

I don't check tracking as usually I get various status sent to my emails. I do have the USPS "Informed Delivery" and generally that is fairly accurate. On the occasion that a package is slated to be delivered that day and isn't, it almost always shows up the next day (so I don't know if the tracking status you see is what I would see as well). I've had 1 case where it came in 3 days later, but there were extenuating circumstances there. In some cases, and I think it's mostly (but not always) related to the size of package, it gets delivered outside of our normal route delivery (ie by someone who is only delivery packages), so that may be a factor as well.

All that said, we are fortunate to have very responsible postal service here. I get more concerned with packages I send out.