View Single Post
Old 10-12-2021, 10:09 AM
K&v!/\/ R@g$d@/3

If I'm correct I believe that the original print of this composite photograph first came to market from the Barry Halper auction , and there was some controversy as to Joe's signature on the composite at that time. Since then reprints of this have shown up at various times. Additionally if memory serves me correctly the composite in the Halper auction did not have the newspaper header on it and it was framed.
It was rumored at that time that the signature on the composite wasn't his and was accepted as not his but interestingly it supposedly became the template for his signature used later in life as evidenced by the Leland's purchase of the Darvick Joe Jackson in the early 1990's ( the only one ever sold at that time ) which was used as the standard for years and to which most Joe Jackson signatures match to . So this facsimile signature on the composite whoever it was signing Joe's name was used by Joe , some agree as his template. But all this is supposition for many years ... so we will never know. One more mystery to the Joe Jackson saga.

Last edited by Klrdds; 10-12-2021 at 10:25 AM.