View Single Post
Old 01-26-2021, 09:45 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

“Agree it’s very rare that I see the younger generation set building say a guy who is in mid 30’s Wall Street manager makes 500k plus a year. He says he wants a 52 Mantle Jackie and Mays in PSA 7’s I ask him what about the rest of the set how are you doing on it. He says I don’t care for them I just want the Stars. High end common set building I think is a thing of the past.”

Johnny, I agree with much of this. I have never been a set builder because I didn’t care about the commons. Still do not. I used to be an anomaly, but now I am much closer to mainstream

“Mistake I've made is selling a card without having it's replacement lined up. I figured I'd sell it, get paid, then go shopping. Well the sale went fine, but it's been months now and I can't find the right replacement. In the meantime, prices seem to go up up up.”

So true. It is the only way to proceed in a market like this.

“Those of us who have been active for decades in the hobby are feeling like we are about to get priced out so we are pulling the trigger on big ones we have always wanted and even paying a little more than we wanted to. We do this because of the fear it will be out of our price range before long.”

Absolutely. I started doing that a few years ago with some cards; wish I’d done more. FOMO is real.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 01-26-2021 at 09:46 AM.