View Single Post
Old 06-16-2022, 08:43 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

As a buyer, I don't want this junk either. I'd rather just get my card. A time delay and future added cost to have an unknown person of unknown expertise tell me something I already know provides 0 value. And that's the best case scenario. As a collector of less common and non-Baseball items that graders routinely mess up and clearly know little of, I'm likely to have good items rejected. It's not that rare that I buy a card knowing it is altered or not in the condition stated, but the seller hasn't disclosed this. I want it anyways, not for somebody at CSG to cancel my deal for me without the input of myself or the seller.

We will absolutely be paying for this. The only question is how eBay will shift the cost (plus margin for profit) to buyers and sellers and how disguised it will be. Anyone who believes they will do this for free to clean things up, well I got this bridge in Brooklyn for sale.

I see other views of it as a good though. I do not understand the deal where PSA has to authenticate the slab of graded cards. That's just beyond silly.