View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 08:11 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctownboy View Post
I don't know what type of financial resources the buyer has BUT, if I had a sick child that needed a lot of hospitalizations I don't think I would be dropping over $90,000 dollars on a nearly one of a kind card in HOPES that it triples in value. No, I would take that $90,000 and put it in a mutual fund (or a Certificate of Deposit) and just sit back and watch it.

Those might not be sexy purchases or "investments" but they ARE liquid and somewhat safe. Need cash quick for a medical emergency? Sell the mutual fund or cash out the CD. Can't really do that with the card.....

Since this guy is a financial adviser, I wonder what his advice would be to a client who came in and proposed to do what he just did?

David
I too think he is a collector and might be using the "for sale" gig as a way to avoid taxes legally. Just an opinion and I most certainly could be wrong. But betting that much on an unknown, and my understanding is to pay medical bills? Sounds kind of crazy to me....but hey, I too am crazy so who's to say!!