View Single Post
Old 02-14-2022, 04:37 PM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinD View Post
College cards are very seldom valuable even though they are the first issues. I know of no one that considers them a rookie and I avoid them like the plague.

That rookie year the most collected base RCs (for Ja and Zion) are the base Panini Prizm in my belief, with Optic in second. Some base have short printed alternate poses, research before you buy. The costs have dropped quite a bit since last year as well, so it's not a terrible time to pick it up. If per chance he gets MVP (Not probable, but not impossible) they would be going back up.
Thanks for the insight. I always liked 1st cards over "true" Rookies, especially if they are in mainstream sets, but I definitely get where you are coming from. Explains why I picked up a bunch of Memphis State Uniform cards, at what I considered a pretty reasonable price.

His 2019 cards are definitely selling for less than the 2020 cards.

I guess, coming from the vintage world, if Topps put out a baseball card of a guy back in the day, it didn't matter if he was in a Minor League uniform or not. If it was his first card, it was his Rookie card.

Just weird to wrap my head around.