View Single Post
Old 04-07-2022, 08:28 AM
Tony Baldwin

Here is great example of how careful you need to be, even when it comes to modern day game used memorabilia. Not everything is what you think it is. As you all know, when people can make money off of cards and memorabilia, they will lie and fake things in order to make the big $$$.

These two bats are actually Alex Rodriguez BP used bats (you can see the tape lines on the bats). He did not use these bats in official games. These bats were signed (with no inscription) and sold by Arod Authenticated (his own authentication service back then) as 1997 Game Used Bats. The bats were later sent to MVP (who also sold Arod memorabilia), and the inscriptions were added. However, as you can see, now the bats are inscribed as 1998 Game Used. Ouch!

Being that I am a one-player game used collector, I have had many years to research, watch and learn a lot about him and his game used memorabilia. I consider myself very knowledgeable when it comes to Arod Game Used memorabilia.

My best advice is when it comes to game used memorabilia, do your research and proceed with caution.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (143.0 KB, 376 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (174.6 KB, 374 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (188.4 KB, 365 views)