View Single Post
Old 11-10-2014, 12:45 PM
Ed McCollum

Default Thanks for the heads-up, Wildfireschulte

Honestly don't check out auctions from Heritage very often. Which leads to this question ....

If anyone knows someone, or knows who to contact at Heritage, just to even find out what cards in the lot have Howe's stamp, would you please share that information with me?

Long story .... several years ago, they offered a green back Cobb portrait with Howe's stamp on the back. I bid, and lost. I tried to contact them a couple days later, asking if they would pass on a message to the winner of the card with the story of my collection, my contact info and then I would just hope they might contact me. Can't remember the name of the young lady who I then had quite a few email exchanges with over the next three months, but her first response was no, I didn't win the card.

Yes, I know, but if I send a message to you and ask you to pass it on to the winner, would you do so?

No, but you can use our secondary offer feature and offer to buy the card from the winner.

Well, I couldn't afford the card in the first place, so I wouldn't have more than they paid in the first place to offer, so could I just send a message to them that they would pass on to the winner?

No, they would no divulge the winners name.

I'm not asking you to, but would you pass a message on to the winner, I would just like to hear from them and add their information to my data base of Howe-stamped cards.

No, they would not share their data base with me.

I'm not asking for your data base, I want to add them to mine.

Let me check ... uh, no one here is interested in purchasing your database.

Let me start over.... I have done this with Mastro, and I am asking you the same thing, can you pass a message on .... .

Uh, this is Heritage, not Matro. Do you need their contact info?

That is when I finally stopped trying to communicate with them. Only took nine emails and three months to get to that point. Easier to just add the card to the lost data base rather than go through any more with them.

So, if anyone knows anyone, please let me know. I would at least like to know what cards there are in the set, and maybe if I get in contact with the right person, see if they won't pass a message on at the end of the auction.

Again, thanks to everyone on the site for your help in my strange quest to reassemble Howe's collection.