View Single Post
Old 08-28-2006, 12:10 PM
Administrator

Default Frank Nagy Collection....

Posted By: John

I have mixed feelings on this subject. While it’s interesting to know the provenance of an item and the collection it came from.

I have to ask where do you draw the line at labeling provenance on slabs? What type or size and or quality of a collection, deserves this mark?

While I have an ok collection, IMO I don’t think any of my cards or items deserve a provenance label. Some of these collectors mentioned above by Jay were hobby pioneers.

Myself I am just a collector, I have done little for the hobby short of, find cards, put money in and take cards out. Sure I have educated people here and there, shared info with other collectors etc. but I don’t think that’s anything special and deserving of a private labeled collection.

And then where does it stop? I just bought a Nagy card from a board member not because it was a Nagy card, but I bought it. This collector has a nice collection do we add his name to the flip and then mine when I sell it? If were not careful cards in the future could come with family tree type paperwork, included in a file.

I also don’t think because someone finds a rare card or item they deserve a nametag slab either. IMO

Unless that find is of major hobby importance or an exceptionally large quantity of cards.