View Single Post
Old 07-05-2008, 04:40 PM
Administrator

Default Exciting New Discovery: Archibald "Moonlight" Graham item (Field of Dreams)

Posted By: Leslie Westbrook

...is that a player that only had a few (or less) at bats deserves some attention just for making it to the Majors. That said, I don't believe an autograph of that individual is worth much monetarily simply for that reason. But, for whatever "mythological" reasons, if a person's identity takes shape as a modern-day character, then why not celebrate the person that gave rise to that character?

I posted a few months back about a T206 common that I bought (very cheap) on Ebay that contained a hand-written signature and address on the back. After ALOT of research and some help from Net54 I learned that I had a card that was written on--if not owned--by Charles Kelly (played in two games before 1900 with Philadelphia). Kelly signed and wrote his address on the back of the card. I will never sell it or trade it. It is a highlight of my collection because of its uniqueness and history.

I don't know if this really contributes a whole lot to this thread's topic, but it's my couple of cents.

P.S.
*****If anyone has the Charles Kelly N172 (in any grade or condition) available for trade or sale, please let me know. As far as I know, that's the only card he's pictured on.*******