View Single Post
Old 06-18-2022, 11:26 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by clydepepper View Post
Greg- I'll be serious on this reply to you posting the 2nd Amendment and circling one part of it:

A WELL REGULATED MILITIA, BEING NECESSARY TO THE SECURITY OF A FREE STATE, THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS, SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED.

This was written when there were no city police, no state troopers, no National Guard!

In today's world, do you really think it's necessary for the security of ANY free state (and they're ALL free now) to have a well regulated militia? Seriously?

This was written over 320 years ago and is out of step with today's world.

Sure gun ownership should not be 'infringed'(we don't even use that word anymore), but NOT EVERYBODY - and THAT's necessary for the security of ALL free states!

Of course, this, while an educated opinion, is only one...mine. Fire Away if you must.
Wait, you want to join the discussion now? Weren't you the guy who kept hijacking the thread because you so strongly disapproved of the debate, and sent me that weird unprompted PM about how you would not stop hijacking the thread and virtue signaling about how you were doing it to somehow help everyone?

Can you type in normal color and size like everyone else? Do you need to hit the caps lock key every few seconds? The guy who threw a fit that people even had this debate at all also believes his belated thoughts on the actual issue need to be highlighted to stand out from everyone else.

I would also advise that you get a calculator and refigure how old the Constitution is. Infringed is also still a normal word today.

All of the actual points relating to the issue here have already been addressed by both sides, in the posts you were trying to remove from view with your random pictures. The debate ended. Catch up, or sober up.