View Single Post
Old 07-24-2019, 08:57 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
I am certainly in favor of restitution. I agree that it would not have happened this early if at all without Jeff's involvement. I can only hope that it ends up being more than a token or modest amount, although realistically there is no conceivable way it is going to come close to the harm inflicted by the years of selling doctored cards.

That said, without any subpoena power and with most of the industry playing ostrich and refusing to help the effort, the extent of card doctoring, knowing sale of doctored cards, and now (apparently) market manipulation that has been uncovered by collectors is staggering. If the federal government which of course has subpoena power nevertheless concludes that there is no prosecutable case here, or that it isn't worth it, and the culprits escape any significant punishment that in turn might deter others (or even themselves from keeping right on doing what they have been doing), there is no hope of ever cleaning up the cesspool that is this industry.

We'll see what happens. I am very much rooting against Jeff's client in that regard, and the others.
White collar is always the way to go. You can take 10 million and pay 3 million back and be a hero and move on with life Market Manipulation/trimming pays... you just look bad on net54 boards..

but on a beach with 7 million net you look pretty good to all the ladies out there..

If you represent someone and you get them off with zero punishment and even exonerate them in exchange for ruining the hobby forever or #2 make your client have some type of punishment but make the hobby great.....you have to choose the zero punishment...please stop thinking anything else....a lawyer owes that to the client ...unless the client chooses the other option..

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 07-24-2019 at 09:01 AM.