View Single Post
Old 05-21-2022, 07:20 AM

Default Shipping/Packaging Suggestion for Sellers

I want this post to come across as a true suggestion and not a rant so forgive me if it comes across as more of a rant but this has been a growing frustration with me.

Sometime in the less 5 years it seems to have become the industry standard to ship graded cards packed between two pieces of cardboard and put into a yellow bubble mailer which actually really has very little if any bubble protection at all. I can tell you from personal experience, this does not offer maxiumum protection.

Three times I have had items shipped this way where the case was damaged. The last one was a package of 3 SGC slabs that were stacked on top of each other and put between cardboard that were the exact same size as the slabs and then put into a bubble mailer.

I get MANY packages mailed where as soon as I pick them up you can feel the actual slab through the bubble mailer or you can feel the pieces of cardboard which to me is actually just creating a hard surface, not as hard as if no cardboard but still a hard surface. When you place 3 graded cards on top of each other like this with the cardboard, you increase the chances of them getting damaged.

I apologize if it seemed like a rant, a small part of me wanted to blow off some frustration but my biggest reason is really hoping to bring this to as many sellers attention as possible and hopefully have them possibly rethink how they send graded cards.