View Single Post
Old 05-20-2022, 06:23 AM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

I see the National very differently. If the stock market continues to shit the bed for the next 3 months, I think buying anything good at a reasonable price will be next to impossible. The cards that sold at their peak for $10,000 but are now available for $4,000 will be generously marked down to $9,000. Many dealers will ignore current realities hoping to find buyers who are ignorant of changes in the market.
There was a chain store on the east coast whose tag line for years was “an informed buyer is our best customer”. I’ve yet to see any instance where that was actually true. Best customer is usually an uninformed rich drunk guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny630 View Post
Agree…Cash at this years National On Saturday and Sunday May Hold a lot more buying power than the past two years, across the board. It’s my only chance on big cards I’m hunting….I can’t beat a guy who’s willing to go to the moon in REA Or Heritage but I may have a shot at the show with Cold Hard Cash due to the fear settling in….idk I could be wrong but at least it gives me some hope.