Thread: How I do TTM
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 11:33 PM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelly View Post
I know this is about bb. Has anyone on here tried a politician. I am even asking if anyone has tried the President. Conservatives need not respond.
Trying not to introduce politics in this. I am a independent, free thinking middle of the roader with views all over the spectrum, but not for discussion here. You can get either a free autopenned photo of the president or an un-autopenned photo by writing the White House Greetings Office. They are free as your taxes pay for them. No SASE required. All congressman and senators have autopens as do the SC Justices. There is a chance you would get a real one from a cong or sen, but that is small. Some of the SCJ's do answer though there is one, not sure which one (Sotamayor?), does not respond to autograph requests, even in person other than her book. If you are in D.C. you can go to the house office buildings - Rayburn, Cannon, Longwood which are southwest of the Capitol or to the senate office buildings - Russell, Dirksen or Hart which are northeast of the Capitol. They are open to the public. You can go to the appropriate office and at least get a free unsigned photo, business card and other items. It is especially good if you are from out of town and from their district. It is better if they are in session as there is a good chance you may see members walking the halls. I have seen a few around town, I work a few blocks north of the Capitol. Most of the SCJ's attend events at the Kennedy Center, though you never know who will be there.

Last edited by Michael B; 02-28-2013 at 11:44 PM.