View Single Post
Old 05-15-2002, 09:52 PM
Administrator

Default What's Your All-Time Ebay Description?

Posted By: Brian H.

Every day I seem to see a new grading system on Ebay....
I do have a recurrent themes I thought I'd share:
1. Whenever the item title includes the word "old" it probably isn't. My personal favorite is "Old Reprint"
as if there is a market for vintage reprints rather than those darn "new reprints." After all in the old days they really knew how to reprint them!
2. I the seller says that the Cracker Jack is from 1914 it probably isn't (especially if its in nice shape and happens to be of any HOFer or Joe Jackson). As an added note the reprints of CJs out there are virtually always reprints of 1915s so that many sellers trying to pass off CJ reprints as real aren't even right about what they are lying(or uninformed about in the first place)
3. "T206 Wagner" should be read as REPRINT even if it is not stated as such (the same usually applies to "T206 Plank" and "Cracker Jack Shoeless Joe Jackson");
4. This is the sad one -- whenever the seller invokes God or America they are usually trying to screw the buyer in some way or another. (hope I didn't offend anyone there but thats what I have been seeing); and
5. Almost all cards inheritted/found or whatever from Grandpa are actually reprints that may be younger than Kobe Bryant.