View Single Post
Old 06-29-2004, 06:16 PM
Administrator

Default What to expect at the national

Posted By: scott brockelman

zach,

glad to hear you are coming to the national. a few of the posters made very valid points, food, water, comfortable shoes, price haggling, lists of wants, pre-planning, etc.

the main thing i tell people is to decide your focus: old cards, new cards, memorablilia, bats, gloves, etc. and remain focused on that as you go thru the IX center, it is a big building with approx. 1,000 dealers. when you go by a table that does not have your interest just keep going, there is no way to stop and peruse every table in 1 or 2 days, not even the 5 that i am there. so just keep whizzing by the areas of non-interest.

do not feel intimidated by any of the dealers, half of them know less about vintage cards than you might know. focus on quality and not quantity as well. the old adage buy the best you can afford is true. in other words buying 1 $50 higher grade card than 10 lower grade $5 cards will usually pay off much nicer in the long run. quality is king.

feel free to stop by my table and ask any questions you may have. i am at table # 1512

scott brockelman