View Single Post
Old 03-22-2018, 10:30 PM
Ro.b Gui.1fo.y1e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenx34 View Post
I placed some bids on cards I felt comfortable with. Overall, I still don't feel real comfortable with them, but I can't bash the cards themselves. But I didn't buy any high dollar NM cards either. I felt kind of dirty bidding and winning cards from them and still do. Maybe that's fair or not, but it's reality.

1. I paid quickly on Sunday when I got my invoice. Didn't hear anything back from them and there was no update in status in the My Account Section. I emailed Tuesday evening asking for an expected ship date and if their website would update with tracking info. Got crickets. Emailed again on Friday and they replied stating they would send me tracking info the next day. They sent the tracking info, but didn't tell me it was FedEx so all weekend I kept wondering if I got a bogus tracking #. Monday night I got an email from FedEx stating the expected delivery. Would have liked to see a little quicker communication even if just an expected ship date or more timely updates on their site.

2. Cards were packed okay with one exception. I won 8 individual cards + 1 20 card low/mid grade lot of 1955 Topps commons, so 28 cards total. Cards packed in a oversized box with lots of peanuts. Inside was a smaller box with the cards. Individual cards were in either Card Saver I's or top loaders. Graded Cards (3) in a team bag together. The 20 1955's were in a plastic baggie with no other protection. Wasn't a fan of that, but they were packed in the box tightly so I doubt there was any damage. Hell they were lower grade, I wouldn't know anyway.

3. The only "expensive" card I won was a 1953 Topps Satchel Paige VGEX. I could pretty much tell it wasn't VGEX from the pic and bid accordingly. I checked and it measured correctly. I figure it will grade a PSA 2 - PSA 3. I can make a few bucks if it grades a 2, and do okay if it gets a 3. But there is no way in hell it will see a 4. Pic attached. Note the back was fine and similar to the front.

4. The other cards I got were:

- A beater '54 Bowman Pee Wee Reese which I picked up for $5 for a friend.

- 1972 Pete Rose NMMT (I'll have it graded). Card looks nice, but I expect a 7.

- 1984 Fleer Don Mattingly - Mint+ - I grew up a big Mattingly fan so I took a flyer. It's a sharp card, so I could see a nice 8 or 9. I'll send it to PSA, but it's a PC card for sure.

- 1985 Mark McGwire - 1 raw NMMT+ - again, nice card. I could see anything from a 7-9.

Bought 3 low dollar graded cards as well.

So overall, I can't say they did a bad job, but I think they still have a long way to go to win over someone like me who was and is still very skeptical. I know they were busy preparing a lot of orders to ship, but they were also taking the time to buy a lot of cards at the same time. So expect more raw cards in their next auction. More to come on that...

How do you know they were buying a lot of raw cards?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk