View Single Post
Old 04-19-2021, 10:34 PM
Steven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseball Rarities View Post
Yes, those are the earliest postmarks that I know of. But, like Rick mentioned, there are not many PC796 and PC805 postcards known with postmarks which is also kind of weird.

Rick quotes 2% of the known postcards have postmarks, which seems to be in the ballpark with me. Other postcards sets have a much higher percentage - usually in the 10 to 20% range.

Yeah, super low numbers. Maybe if they were give aways with a purchase that has been proposed, the people that bought the product didnt really want the PCs, they wanted the product and hence there are low pops and way lower cancelled cards.

Its all just a guess...the 1910 and 1911 theory does seem to fit though. I mean what are the odds the 805s preceded the 796s? Just seems low to me, nothing is consistent in the 796 production while nearly everything is uniform in the 805s. Some of the names on the 805s are off set to the left, while others are centered. The 805s continued the first name theme only have the same few the 796s had.

Why does Speaker have that symbol next to his name on the 796? Why is Frock even in this set? Rick has a good theory of rep preceding him, just seems like they could have picked someone else, someone they had an image of already if his was from 1910 as theorized.