View Single Post
Old 02-06-2021, 06:52 PM
Jonathan Sterling

Harry Chapin - Hotel Penta, NYC. There was this group called Rock Ages that ran these record conventions. They had one at the hotel across the street from MSG. I think it is now the Hotel Pennsylvania. This record convention was as large at the baseball card shows they had in that hotel. The Ramones had a merch table and showed up. Lenny Kaye (Patti Smith Group and producer of the first 'Nuggets' compilation album) was there selling his 45. Chapin was interviewed by well known D.J. Pete Fornitale then he performed a few songs.
ABOVE IS QUOTE FROM MICHAEL..

Michael
Yes the record shows across from the Garden were great. I went to a couple and remember Ray Manzarek telling cool Doors Stories and playing Keyboards. Only stub I have is The MC5 from 1980. They sounded great.
And the Ramones table was outstanding. But I had already spent most of my cash on some rare Who picture sleeves and a couple Stones posters.so no Ramones T shirt that day but first time I saw them I took home 2 shirts.
Blondie and Nick Lowe Tie in, The Belmont park bet ticket is from the Day when Blondie and Rockpile played an after race concert. Really great shows and easy to get up close as crowd was not large. Rockpile was Dave Edmonds and Nick Lowe.
David Bowie Stub and Button from 1978. Really great show. I recently saw a great clip on Youtube of Bowie from 1973 Gene Genie. ( I highly recomend)
Love everyone elses posts. Hope they keep coming.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210206_203232.jpg (75.6 KB, 244 views)

Last edited by bigfanNY; 02-07-2021 at 01:41 PM.