View Single Post
Old 01-22-2023, 09:02 AM
John

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrreality68 View Post
Wow

Thanks for sharing interesting stuff

And you a right regardless of your income and budget what we could afford are now more Difficult to afford and we either save longer to buy the 1, save longer and by a lower grade of that 1, or change our collection to now what is in our budget.

Wish I would have save emails and the lines.

Although Heritage has a great feature where you can look at the close items you bid on it it only goes back 2 years(at least based on what and how many items I bid on)
It's interesting to see the spike on even the commons, but once you get to HOFers it's crazy, but then when you get to the "gold tier" guys like Cobb or Ruth the percentage increase is really off the charts.

And yes, you bring up an interesting point on how we have to re-aim now. For me, instead of looking for something like a quality T206 portrait of Three Finger Brown each month do I now go for a Bob Bescher or some other common player? Do I scale down and go for Brown's card as a 1.5? Do I scale down the volume instead and try for just something like Brown's card once every 5-6 months now? Do I sell my house and buy a bunch of Goudey Ruths? Not in this housing market!