View Single Post
Old 12-20-2019, 03:21 PM
The Uber Anal Retentive Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezfan View Post
I've got the Browns Pennant from this series, and (aside from the Reds) it is my favorite. Will try to dig it out and show it here...

Also, I agree with Greg, that the Senators are part of this series. Same artist/artwork, minus the little vignette.

Also want to add that these are all very high quality, thick felt pennants. One of them that I owned previously had vintage ink writing on the back which stated the date of the game... "Red Sox 4 - Indians 2, June 16, 1951" or something to that effect. I don't recall the exact score or date, but it was definitely sold in 1951.

Lastly, there is a second Red Sox variation. Similar to the one Greg pictured, but quite different, on a darker red felt. I will try to post that one after the Holidays as well.
Yes and your alternate Red Sox version is tougher and much more attractive. Been looking hard for it. That one fits the general style better, you'll noticed most logos have the team nickname under the logo.

Would love to see your Browns pennant … in fact I'd really really really really love to see the Browns pennant in "wave two" of your pennant sale

Speaking of this set … I have seen these in a slightly smaller size, and not with tassels but with a spine that extended out, as if it was part of a string. Do you know what I mean?

Last edited by thetahat; 12-20-2019 at 03:22 PM.