View Single Post
Old 03-16-2023, 01:37 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by jingram058 View Post
Thanks Greg. Yes, I can see that some of these in the high numbers are going to cost as much as the Mantles, Musials, Mays, as you say, for less than stellar players.

Cheapest buy-it-now 594 Rookie Parade (Uecker) on eBay is $330, and that's graded, all the raws are even higher. One auction is at $5.50 with lots of time for it to go into the stratosphere. Yes, that one and a few others are going to be challenging even as beaters.
It's a lot easier to justify $150 for a Mantle than for a .200 catcher who flunked out after a few years, to me. I'm happy to pay up for rare short printed cards, but the Rookie Parades are no less common than the other high numbers that didn't have extra appearances on the sheet. To my eyes, the 62 and 63 Topps rookie combo cards are..., well, less than beautiful. But I'll forgive it for those gorgeous wood borders. I've had a ton of fun with this set, and the green tints were a really fun add-on build to, as there are no huge stars to make any of them expensive. I don't think I paid more than $10 (Kaline), for any of the green tints.