View Single Post
Old 06-14-2020, 10:45 PM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportty1 View Post
Steve-thanks for sharing. Do you have any context on the color scheme?
Well, I can tell you all I know or remember about them.

A Highschool friend of mine had a neighbor whose father if I remember it right worked at the packing shipping plant in Natick Mass.
One day he called and said his neighbor had some weird Hostess cards, This would be well after they were made, maybe 1979?
I went over, played a bit of whiffleball, looked at the cards, and they were cool. Crazy colors, reversed negatives, a couple numbered over 150. He wanted a McCovey Washington Natl card as trade. Probably the first time outside of card flipping in 5th grade I traded away a card I didn't have a duplicate of.
Being a dumb kid, I immediately traded half of them to the local card shop for another McCovey Washington.....

I'll have to scan the rest and the backs. I forget how many I kept, but it's maybe 10 cards.

They've all got damage like they were roughly cut from a box, or maybe a sheet that was rescued from the trash. Not faded for sure.
Which makes little sense, since I don't think Natick printed the boxes themselves.

Overall some really weird cards, and I've never seen any others.
The local place did sell one a few years later in one of their auctions, Luzinski I think.