View Single Post
Old 06-25-2022, 05:10 PM
5t3v3...D4.w50n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven View Post
John,

I think you bring up a good point, I was referring more to having the experience of having them sign an item of yours in person, or maybe having them sign an item of significance for you. The counterargument would be that your paying for the experience + them signing an item of your choosing, but I still think the prices have gone a little haywire. The idea you presented is a very cost friendly one though.

Thing is, if you are paying for the experience, i.e., paying for the actual face-to-face thing, why aren't mail-in signings less expensive?

If you're actually there and meeting the player in person, then maybe I could see the expense, but if you're just mailing in an item to be signed, or getting a signed ball or photo that the promoter provides, then it should be substantially less expensive. It is not less expensive. All the major promoters charge the same amount for the autograph, whether it's obtained in-person, or via mail-in.

Steve

Current Wantlist:
1909 Obak Howard (Los Angeles) (no frame on back)
1910 E90-2 Gibson, Hyatt, Maddox

Last edited by Steve D; 06-25-2022 at 05:14 PM.