View Single Post
Old 12-06-2020, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bos8 View Post
I appreciate everyone taking the time to comment and provide their expertise/feedback. It is really appreciated... I've also enjoyed the conversation about the sweet spot! I provided the links to him that Steve shared, which was awesome. Thank you.

As far as getting President Bush to sign the ball, I don't see that as being something that can be done. He's been retired 15+ year. However we do have the single signed George Bush ball.

ICollectDCSports... as far as selling this item via auction house, would that be something that should be done for this particular item? Is it a high enough dollar item. I'll be honest, all of my experience purchasing sports cards has come from buying budget T206 on EBAY, so I've only wishfully looked at auction house items never actually diving into that realm.
I've never consigned anything to an auction house, so I'm not the best person to advise you on that. However, I do think that, given the context in which this was signed and the provenance you can provide, it's probably best putting this in an auction (if you do decide to sell) to see what it will bring in a high visibility and competitive bidding situation. Downside, of course, is the cut the auction house would take. Others here will have better advice on consigning and probably some suggestions. Overall, I'd say it's a nice item but not one that would bring major dollars so you should strongly consider whether the sentimental value to you and your family is worth parting with it.