View Single Post
Old 10-07-2021, 07:36 AM
Fr@.nk T.ot.@

Default Page 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Alcorn View Post
Fantastic cards and please keep them coming.
Thanks, Jeff. I've made the correction to my notes. And, although I had some luck on the last few pages, this one is proving a bit trickier. If you have any ideas, please let me know....

Page 23 is a hodgepodge of Tigers cards. It looks like it was the repository for cards that didn’t fit onto other pages, so we’ve seen several of the players before: Hasegawa (top left), Wakabayashi (top right), Betto (middle center), and (maybe?) Doigaki (top center).

The player on either side of Betto in the middle row is Jun Togashi…I think. It’s hard to say, as I wasn’t able to find another picture of him to confirm. He played for the Tigers his entire brief career (1946-49) with almost all of his play coming in 1946 and 1957.

The bottom row is harder for me to identify. If I am reading the script correctly (it is a little tough for me), the left card is of Hirokazu Nozaki, a journeyman pitcher who (from 1946-53) compiled a 32-56 win-loss record. And the bottom right card looks like “Kobayashi” which is probably Eiichi Kobayashi, an obscure second basemen who played pro ball from 1944-48 and only clocked 96 games.

Unfortunately, I can’t make out the name on the bottom center card. Does anyone recognize this player?

Hasegawa - Doigaki? - Wakabayashi
Togashi - Betto - Togashi
Nozaki - ? - Kobayashi
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bromide page 23 smaller.jpg (78.4 KB, 90 views)
File Type: jpg Bromide page 23 UM.jpg (74.2 KB, 95 views)
File Type: jpg Bromide page 23 BL.jpg (68.9 KB, 87 views)
File Type: jpg Bromide page 23 BR.jpg (71.6 KB, 92 views)
File Type: jpg Bromide page 23 BM.jpg (78.1 KB, 93 views)
File Type: jpg Bromide page 23 ML.jpg (76.1 KB, 95 views)

Last edited by Frankish; 10-07-2021 at 07:43 AM.