View Single Post
Old 10-04-2021, 09:58 AM
Fr@.nk T.ot.@

Default Page 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Alcorn View Post
One of the hardest things I have had to work on is the fact that the same kanji can be entirely different words....
Thanks again, Jeff! I am learning this the hard way, but it keeps things interesting and the continuing learning curve keeps me interested....

Page 18 is the final page devoted to the Hawks. As it contains only three cards, I will keep this brief. The upper right bromide is a duplicate of a Kasahara card found on Page 17. And the bottom card is a team photo of the Hawks, although I am having a hard time determining the season based on the uniforms and am not familiar enough with the roster to peg it by the players.

The upper left photo appears to be Hawks pitcher Nobuo Nakatani (although Google Translate keeps pushing Nakaya as the translation). Nakatani spent his entire nine-year career with the Hawks, compiling a lifetime W-L record of 90-76 and an era of 3.05.

The remainder of the album is devoted to the Osaka Tigers and the Tokyo/Yomiuri Giants teams and their legendary rosters.

Nakatani? - Kasahara
Hawks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bromide page 18.jpg (74.1 KB, 107 views)

Last edited by Frankish; 10-05-2021 at 08:21 AM.