View Single Post
Old 03-21-2019, 08:56 PM
Bry@n

Default Need ID Help: Great Western Tailoring Co Plus 1 Other Issue

Edit: one more request: if you know the date of the source photo please post it, I would like to narrow things down a bit if possible.

I need some help identifying these. The first one is a cabinet photo of a barbershop with a poster on the wall that says "All-Star Base Ball Nine" on the top and "Great Western Tailoring Co Chicago" on the bottom. Does anyone recognize the specific photos or know what they were used for?

Potential IDs (left to right; top to bottom): 1) Ed Walsh (Novelty Cutlery image) 2) Johnny Kling (M101-2 image) 3) Honus Wagner 4) WaJo? 5) Ty Cobb (Plow's Candy image) 6) Wildfire Schulte 7) Hal Chase 8) Eddie Collins (Plow's Candy image) 9) Harry Lord (Cracker Jack image)

Barber Photo - Great Western Tailor Co.jpg

Barber Photo - Great Western Tailor Co - crop 1000 DPI.jpg

The second is a tobacco shop with an M101-2 (1909-1913) of Fred Clarke hung up on the right in front of some Sweet Caporal boxes along with another set of photos on the left.

I looked for a while to try to find a set that used that combination of images, but struck out. Same thing as above - if you have player ids or know what this relates to, I would love to hear it. There appears to be another row of 3 under the fan.

Potential IDS (left to right; top to bottom): 1) Willie Keeler 2) Mordecai Brown 3) ??? 4) John McGraw 5) Roger Bresnahan (Police Gazette cover) 6-8) Covered by Don Marino sign 9) Christy Mathewson (T206 dark cap pose) 10) Covered by fan 11) Mostly covered by fan 12) Covered by fan

RPPC Tobacco Great West Tailor & M101-2 Clarke a.jpg

RPPC Tobacco Great West Tailor & M101-2 Clarke a - Crop 1000 dpi large.jpg

THANKS!

Last edited by Jobu; 02-20-2023 at 09:11 PM.