View Single Post
Old 05-15-2023, 07:52 AM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smarti5051 View Post
OK, dude is an idiot, but what is the basis for a lengthy suspension? Previously, he brandished a gun while working for the Grizzlies, so he expressly violated his obligation to the team and the league. Assuming he legally owns the gun and is not at an NBA facility or otherwise engaged in NBA related business, and further assuming he is abiding by the laws of whatever state he is in at the time of the video, what exactly has he done "wrong?"

Again, very stupid. Horrible look for him. But, there are plenty of current and former players that have been photographed holding firearms. HOFer Karl Malone does it all the time.
Comparing Karl Malone to this is a completely silly argument. Staged indoor photos or hunting photos is a world away from being in a vehicle waving a gun around on a live video feed to a rap song, especially if that car was on a road (which I can't tell). If you don't see that, then you have an agenda you are attempting to subterfuge in your comment.

In my state I would most likely be charged with brandishing and additional items if it was on a public road. Tennessee does not have a brandishing law, so there may be nothing illegal here. However, you can guarantee that no logical professional franchise in any sport provides multi-million dollar contracts or even base salary contracts without morality clauses.

On or off season every sport has faced league suspensions for issues they have not faced charges for, or had charges dropped. That is up to the player and the union to fight after the suspension is given.

The Grizzlies have a visual problem with the league offices already for having multiple players with visibility issues with both Ja and Dillion Brooks. The latter not having the talent to overlook it, is likely out of the league. Ja has a lead the length of his talent with the team, which has been shown to be pretty darn long. The league does not care a bit when they have a visibility issue about his ticket sales.

This issue is going to be front and center for the commissioner, and he is going to want to look actionable. I would expect another minimum 10 games or a full month suspension to start the season for this being second major strike. I do not think it unreasonable to foresee any third strike being a full season and a request for reinstatement.

The last cost him a supermax bonus as he didn't get voted all-NBA, as well as more in missed endorsements. This will hit his pockets again as his Nike contract that previously had to pull his commercials last time is likely going to be ended based on the strength of the response they took with Kyrie.

I honestly hope he can turn it around, this is a very bad path to be walking for him.

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.