View Single Post
Old 01-12-2014, 04:27 PM
Brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
I've found a ton of great baseball and sports memorabilia at flea markets and antique stores...way too much stuff to list, but some highlights are Dogs Head cigarette box, Victor Sporting Goods 19th Century Bat, Cameo Pepsin baseball pin lot, 1920s Team Signed Western League baseball (Lincoln) with the original box, 12 count box of 1930s team signed baseballs (Dodgers minor league teams and one Brooklyn)...tons of baseball photos, cabinets, snapshots. Don't get discouraged...keep at it and you're bound to find stuff...I have dry spells all the time, but then for whatever reason when it rains it pours.
Totally agree with Dan, it's easy to get discouraged during lengthy dry spells. Which is why I will mix it up with garage sales and thrift shops as well. But it's worth it for me as I've found some of the top items in my collection at antique malls and flea markets. I went out for a while today and found a foam football signed by Franco Harris for $3. The booth owner had no clue who signed the ball.