View Single Post
Old 01-04-2020, 10:51 AM
Emlily Ell.is

Default How do you store your trade box commons/lower end cards??

I'm trying to build up a vintage "trade box" since I'm wanting to move more into vintage stuff. So I'm looking for ways to price/store the commons and lower end cards (not HOFers/stars).

Right now, I've got all of my extras in penny sleeves and just grab the book and look up the price when I get ready to trade something. I thought about moving to toploaders and penny sleeves and putting the prices on the penny. That way everything is priced already.

But that seems like a lot of space once I get my box built up to a certain point. Plus, once you hit the late 60s, early-mid 70s, the commons book for only about 50 cents to $1 or so each. So it doesn't make much sense at that point.

So just looking for some direction and ideas.

Also, I'm working on a 1957 Topps set. I only have about 50 cards right now, so they're sitting in a snap tite case. Once I get enough to start putting a book together, they will go into pages. That's stars/HOFers all the way to commons. Do you guys who build vintage sets store stars and HOFers another way? Or just with the set?

Just curious as I begin my trek into vintage

I have done deals with: snowman, exhibitman, roquan, vintagetoppscards, bobsbbcards, sayitaintso, tsp06, gorditadogg, 4reals, bnorth, clydepepper, jcfowler6, jimmer77, tsp06, Bartholomew_Bump_Bailey, swk473 plus others.