View Single Post
Old 09-25-2006, 03:59 PM
Administrator

Default Graded Card Moral and Ethical Issue

Posted By: MINE'S MINT

actually i disagree with barry on the point of..

"If they can prevent the aggravation of your buying trimmed cards by culling them out and not slabbing them, they are doing their job."..

this is not entirely true.. if they DID slab all submitted trimmed cards as being either trimmed or authentic.. (regardless of who the card is of, not just hofers).. it would help to ensure that the card you are buying is in the condition as marked.. granted this would not stop people from cracking cards to either resubmit or sell as raw untrimmed cards.. but at least it would help to maintain a sense of honesty in the hobby since almost no one will sell you their freshly rejected submission still in its high priced PSA issue "evid trim" top loader.. and as stated by steve the raw t206 market is indeed suffering because of doubts in regards to a cards integrity.. encapsulating all submissions even those that have been compromised and marking them as such is the way to go.. not to mention that by encapsulating a card you both help to ensure its saftey and keep the submitter happy.. i find that alot of collectors who dont care if thier card is trimmed just want it slabbed for thier collection.. because more often then not trimmed cards still have amazing eye appeal (most appearing near mint).. and seeing as both beauty and price are in the eye of the beholder in this hobby.. these authentic grade cards will basically determine their own value in the market.. id much rather buy a slabbed card marked as trimmed over a raw card that i suspect may be trimmed.. just my opinion..

psa/dna authenticated signature -> Richard M.