View Single Post
Old 01-18-2009, 01:12 PM
Administrator

Default College player model bats

Posted By: Alan Elefson

Hi-
I recently acquired a Mickey Mantle and Hank Aaron Louisville Slugger Bats with Brown University etched below the player signature engraving and I figured I would see if anyone else has any of these to share and also see if anyone might be able to help me with additional information (thank you again to every one who has provided insight on my previous threads!). I determined via a Google search that there are other college bats out there. I surmised from my searching that Lousville Slugger sold player model or store model bats to colleges (presumably at a discount) and the college name was added after the fact. Is this supposition correct? Are these more properly considered store model bats, or player model (i.e. were the bats without the copllege name meant to be sold at stores or were they meant for the player or team? I am guessing they were store models)? Any further information concerning these types of bats would be greatly appreciated (scarcity value range, other players used, etc.).
I scanned the label and barrel of each bat below. The knob on the Aaron bat is etched with D43 and the number 20 is written on it with black marker while the Mantle knob has K55 etched and 7 written on it with black marker. Both measure roughly 36 inches. Please show your examples of college player model bats as well!
Thanks in advance,
Alan Elefson
aelefson@hotmail.com
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]