View Single Post
Old 07-18-2022, 08:49 AM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

I really don't hate it, I just don't really appreciate it as much as the dictated value. I feel that's the large misunderstanding here.

If using my own money, I would much rather have a Basquiat than a Monet or Renoir. That does not devalue the latter, it just makes it not my preference.

It's also a disservice to state the common, "People who say this always seem to not have one". (Not picking on you Al. ) As that statement is certainly a logical fallacy, as it is truly stating jealously or envy as the intent. A more logical statement would be that if someone does not appreciate it they will likely have their eggs in a basket they more appreciate.

In my mind, it just is most likely never going to be at a price point that equals my appreciation of it and just will more than likely never own one at any income level as other items will shine above at that price. That statement does not devalue the item in real life, it is actually stating that it will remain valuable.

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.

Last edited by JustinD; 07-18-2022 at 08:52 AM.