View Single Post
Old 02-09-2021, 01:49 PM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
Apparently winning the Super Bowl during Black History Month is racist too. Who knew? Maybe we could move it back to January like it used to be so it won't be as racist?

Here's the problem with renaming schools (or other buildings), changing team names/logos, removing statues, etc. There are certain people that no matter what you do, they will never be satisfied. In their minds they will always be oppressed and always be the victims no matter what. So why even bother?

Here are just 4 of many tweets. And yes, they are real, before anyone says otherwise.

I don't know. All of those responses seems pretty tongue in cheek to me.

Also, the sentiment, "So why even bother?".........seems like an excuse to always keep the status quo......simply because a bunch of twitter twits on twitter, say things that could be construed in some way as "that's not enough".

For the record.........sure, grade whatever card, is considered a "card". I'll judge the subject, but not the card itself. I've had plenty of Hitler cards in various German Olympic sets throughout the years. Never had any graded, and never felt comfortable trying to squeeze extra bucks out of marketing them individually, so usually just passed them on in group lots.................but I'm not a fan of erasing history either. Whether it be taking away NCAA titles, or HR's from steroid users. If you keep it front and center, history and individuals will judge how they feel appropriate.

I'll certainly judge somebody who tells me, "yeah, I'm a big fan of that Hitler guy.....I collect everything I can get my hands on from him". Probably be my last conversation with that person.

That's my strong stance of the day, LOL. Hitler bad! Way worse then Marcus Garvey.