View Single Post
Old 09-25-2020, 01:51 PM
Ran-jodh Dh.ill0n

Brian,

I love this thread you started.

If you look at the Post-war section, then you'll see that a few threads were started on this subject. It's very interesting, for sure.

I say YES, some of these print variations that we see should be given special designations. For example:

This is the most commonly found Jackie.

Now this one is the BLUE CAP variant. The black color is missing from his cap. This example is more difficult to find than the one above it, but it's not rare or anything like that. I also want to point out that the magenta found on his face is usually stronger for this BLUE CAP variant.

Again, this is a very interesting subject that very few collectors pay attention to. I think if you (or anyone) has the time to just sit around examining thousands of these cards, then a book could be written about it!

Oh, and by the way, I do have a Jackie, but it's the BORING one that I posted first. It's not a variant either. I would love to own the BLUE CAP variant someday.