View Single Post
Old 08-01-2022, 07:58 AM
Drew W@i$e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belfast1933 View Post
Even if the tables were directionally indicated (in terms of their inventory), it would be such a great experience for the customer. I'd love to also give dealers the option to also include their contact info AHEAD of the conference start. That way (if they chose) they could receive and reply to wish lists from customers.

I met quite a few crusty/cranky dealers who I know wouldn't be willing to do that ("if I had it, it would be out already! Truly heard).

But I also met quite a few very nice dealers who might be willing to put in a little extra effort (not much needed, really) to bring targeted customers to them.

Not sure it will work, but I drafted a simple check box that is an example of what I have in mind... imagine this in an NSCCC app (assuming the wifi worked!).

Again, millions and millions of $$ probably exchanged hands last week... a more modern experience would raise our hobby game from a huge flea-market model to something better for both seller and buyer.

Example:
Very Modern (2000 to current)
Modern (1981 to 1999)
Vintage (1952 to 1980)
Very Vintage (1900-1951)
Pre-1900

Memorabilia (tickets, yearbook, tickets)
Game-worn equipment, uniforms, hate
Autographs

Other (free text)

Special notes to customers (free text… $1 boxes, extremely rare items to call out, etc.)

Dealer Name
Dealer booth #
I really like this idea. That way, you know who to go to and who to skip.