View Single Post
Old 02-03-2004, 12:45 PM
Administrator

Default Early Photographers List

Posted By: Hankron 

I am finishing up the Early Baseball Photos book, hoping to finish it by Sunday so I can be free to watch the Super Bowl. I hear Janet Jackson and Justin Timberlake are scheduled to be headlining the halftime show ...

Anyway, for the book I am finishing a short list of famous early baseball photographers. This is so the reader, especially beginners, can identify who are the most famous, the nature and history of their photos and how to identify the originals.

So far I've got Joseph Hall, BJ Falk (did the Newsboys Cabinets), J Wood (Old Judges, various team CDVs), Charles Conlon, Oyen, Burke, Baine, Mathew Brady, will likely think of some others. Obviously, this list is short and if anyone thinks there are other names or studios I should add, speak now or forever hold your peace.

I wish to add that the new editon of the book will have a variety of new information, including how to i.d. and date glass negatives, about silent movie and other glass slides, baseball orotones (glass photos made with genuine gold), and tintypes on leather and cloth. Also, that essay I did on authenticating albumen photos (as relates to proof) will be put into the book. And all the info on the photographers will be new as well.