View Single Post
Old 01-25-2024, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smarti5051 View Post
There is almost ZERO reason to throw in $1 worth of junk wax cards into that auction to make it a "lot." That is like adding a Tide Pod and a paper clip to a Morton's steak plate. Unless he can articulate a VERY credible reason why he felt it necessary to add a bunch of junk wax cards to make the auction a lot, I would run away fast. Not to mention, he claims the card is being sold on consignment. Did the consignor give him the Hornsby and then 6 random junk wax cards and request they be sold as a lot?

I should also note that he only vouched as to the card's authenticity, not your concern that the card has been altered. I don't know the issue well enough to speak to the authenticity/condition, but on the surface the listing seems shady.
They rather notoriously list 100s of pretty mint looking raw vintage cards a week with these junk wax lots to get around eBay's authentication, which in most cases is rather annoying, as they aren't going to do anything about altered or trimmed cards, just fakes to my knowledge... On non graded cards I agree it comes off a bit shady.